Frequently Asked Questions

Space and other infrastructure

Each full time HDR student is provided a personal desk and a PC, plus access to shared telephone, printer and fax. They also have access to general stationery. Part time students are provided access to shared desks and computers. Students should contact Melina if they need any particular change with their location, etc.

Who to contact?

Depending on the nature of the information you are seeking, you might need to contact different people.

If the issue relates to general infrastructure, contact the departmental admin. In case the problem does not relate general infrastructure, your first point of contact is your thesis supervisor. The supervisor should be able to advise you on what you should do after you have discussed the issue with him/her. Occasionally you may not feel comfortable discussing a problem with the supervisor. In that situation, you should discuss the matter with the departmental HDR director. The departmental HDR should be able to resolve the issue, and if necessary, may escalate the issue higher up, e.g. to the department head, or to the Associate Dean (HDR), as required.